QEBA Rules of the Beach
Welcome to East Beach, RI. The beach is for everyone’s use and enjoyment. Please respect your neighbor’s privacy by not behaving in a raucous, disorderly, or vulgar manner. Weekday passes must be used to drop off people at the boardwalk without entering the parking lot. Here are the common sense rules we should already know:
- The Beach is a Smoke-Free Zone. No Smoking please!
- No loud radios, Tape/CD/MP3 players, etc. on the beach.
- All sporting activities including but not limited to: baseball, football, volleyball, Frisbee, paddle ball, skim boarding etc., are to take place east of the yellow marker as indicated on the parking lot pass.
- All boats, including inflatables and wind surfers, should be launched, beached and parked east of the yellow marker.
- QEBA accepts no responsibility for boats left on the beach.
- Jet skis are not allowed on QEBA property. Rhode Island law prohibits the operation of jet skis within 200 feet of a swimming area.
- Remove all beverage containers, food wrapping/packaging and any other debris from the beach when leaving.
- Keep off the dunes and dune grass. Parents PLEASE do not allow your children to use the dunes as a bathroom. Port-A-Jons are available in the parking area.
- No DOGS or other animals are allowed on the beach as per Charlestown town ordinances.
- No fishing is permitted in populated swimming areas.
- No large vehicles including, but not limited to: recreation vehicles, campers, buses or trucks, are permitted in the parking lot.
- Parking lot closed from 8pm to 8am.
- No household garbage or debris should be placed in the beach’s refuse barrels. These are for beach trash only.
Quonochontaug East Beach Association